Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

All month long everyone posts daily what they are thankful for. I do not... Thanksgiving and Christmas is so hard when sharing kids... It's hard to be thankful when the two little people that I am the most thankful for are not with me on the day we all give thanks. I want both Thanksgiving and Christmas to be traditional. I want to wake up on Thanksgiving morning, cook with them, bake cookies and pies as family arrives and they smile and laugh... The same on Christmas, I want the whole holiday... I want to have Christmas Eve and leave out cookies for Santa, open stockings and gifts Christmas morning, lay around with laughing and drinking coffee, watch them play with their new things, make them breakfast and all sit around in our jammies til noon, make a big dinner, again my family showing up to laugh and visit and tell old family stories... Sharing holidays is hard, it stinks... I am selfish with my girls... I want them all the time. 

So to get over my pity party, here is my little list of things I am thankful for. 

#1 - My girls. They have been my saving grace, my entire world since they came into this world. When Haili was 4 months old, I found out Grace was on her way. Who would have thought that when they were a premie newborn and a 13 month old, and it was sooo much work that they would blossom into best friends, two peas in a pod. I cannot express how thankful I am for them. 

#2 - Bill, and the life we have together. 

#3 - My sister. Without her I have no idea what I would do. 

#4 - My mom. I'm lucky to have the friendship with my mom that I do. 

#5 - My dad and Alex... They are such an important part of my life that I didn't always have. 
(Ha, you are welcome dad)

#6 - Ryan, my brother from another mother and another father. :)

#7 - My Job. I work in a field that I love, and in a population that I love. I feel very fortunate to be doing something I love, with people that I like working with, for a company that I feel makes peoples lives better. 

#8 - My children's health. I see sick children and my heart breaks for them. I see children that struggle with learning difficulties or are bullied for their looks, their speech, who knows what else. My kids being healthy, happy children is something I am so thankful for. 

#9 - My health. I can run, I have no health ailments other than the occasional cold or running related injury. I am healthy. I am strong. My boys never lets me down. I am thankful for it. 

#10 - Life. I am happy. I am lucky. And even though I throw the occasional pity party, because life isn't fair and sometimes we get the shit end of a deal. I am fortunate to have the life I have. With the amazing people in it that I have. I am lucky. And I am thankful for this life.

#11 - Friends. I am not a very social person. I don't have people in my life that I can't truly trust or that are not 100% genuine. But the people that I do have, are real, that I trust, that I want in my life. I am blessed to have them. :)

Happy Thanksgiving blogging world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment