Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mashed Cauliflower

I don't know about you, but I love some mashed potatoes. They are the cake to my fat kid. I don't love the huge amount of carbs and empty calories... The answer, mashed cauliflower. You take a couple cups of cauliflower, pictured above is about 1.5c of florets. Bring them to a boil or about 5 minutes. Dump them into a food processor with 2T organic extra virgin coconut oil (any oil will work) and pulse. Boom, cauliflower "mashed potatoes". I then sprayed with a little 0 calorie butter and add salt and pepper. HITS the spot. And next to a portabello mushroom, HEAVEN. 

I know right now, you are thinking, how does she get her family to eat that stuff? The answer... I don't. Literally every night I make two dinners. They aren't interested in what I'm eating 99% of the time. Here is an example of last nights dinner...
Them: chicken, pasta and green beans, me: lemon pepper Chicken, over Miracle Noodles, and diced orange pepper. Everyone's happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment