Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers & Meeting my Nike Fuel Goal

This is my luck... Finally warm enough and the sun is out for my morning run and it's pouring down rain... Damn. So, did my Nike+ Kinect training then ran on my treadmill and read other peoples blogs. 

Me + My Treadmill = Sweet Sweet Love

I hit my Nike+ Fuel Band goal tonight for the first time too!!! The goal in 3500, and at 8pm, I am sitting at 3930+. Woo hoo!

So tonight, the hubby and kiddos wanted Fried Potatoes & Eggs. And I made Quinoa Stuffed Peppers and they were delicious.
Ingredients:
1T oil
1 red onion, finely diced
1 large shallot, finely diced
2T minced garlic
1 medium zucchini, grated
1c corn
1c cooked quinoa
3 large bell peppers, any color (I prefer red)
1c cherry tomatoes, halved

Sauté onion and shallot in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until your kitchen smells amazing. Add zucchini, corn, quinoa & seasonings of preference (I used Johnny's, but I use it on everything). Cook until heated through. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, cut peppers in half lengthwise. Divide the filling between the 6 halves and place in a casserole or baking dish. Top with cherry tomatoes. Bake for 25 minutes. (113 calories per half). As far as family friendly, the critics agreed to 0/5 stars, the hubby nor the girlies were interested in even trying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment