Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Unexpected Rest Day & Crock Taco Chicken Bowls

So this morning I woke up to Dr Who's Tardis noise... Why you may ask? Two reasons... One, my phone was plugged into a charger that in turn was not plugged into an outlet therefor my phone was dead and my alarm did not go off at 5am. Two, my daughter's cell phone text tone is that Tardis' noise. Thankfully my mom is a riciclously early texter and had sent my daughter a 6:30am 'good morning' text. So this morning was an unexpected rest day. Thankfully tomorrow is my scheduled rest day, so swapping was no biggie. :)

Instead after work, swimming some laps was the only workout of my day. :) It feels so good to swim my stress away after work. 
Stretching my caloric intake over the day seems to be working really well, with several small meals I plan out my eating much better and am much less tempted to eat junk or a bunch of food after dinner. Today had a whole wheat bagel for breakfast (I was running late remember), at ten I ate the chicken broccoli rice casserole I made Sunday, at noon I had a chicken breast and cottage cheese, at three I had a rice cake with peanut butter, dinner I made crock taco chicken bowls and ate it in a whole wheat tortilla. Yum. Which made me think about food blogging... Maybe adding recipes here and there and figuring up the calories. 
3 whole frozen chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1 can of corn
2T of garlic
1 jar of salsa
1c uncooked brown rice
1c water
1T cumin
1T chili powder
Add to crock pot in order listed above, I don't even stir mine, set on low and leave for 8 hours. After 8 hours, separate chicken with fork. Eat plain, or in a tortilla. So good.
The critics (my picky family), The Hubby gives it 4 stars out of 5, and both the kiddos approved and had second helpings. They all had cheddar cheese on theirs as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment