Saturday, March 8, 2014

Family Fun Day & Quinoa Salad

Good little Saturday with a nice bike ride with the hubby and kiddos. 
Lunch at one of my favorite lunch places following the bike ride. A visit from my mom and Aunt, which was nice. Then, because we are going to LaGrande to visit Bills family tomorrow, I did our grocery shopping tonight. Bill and the kids went to Spot On while I shopped. 
Tonight I made my lunches for the week and decided on Quinoa Salad, because it's delicious hot or cold and because it smells great to make.
1 t extra virgin olive oil
1 finely chopped onion
3T diced garlic
3/4c uncooked quinoa
1/2c organic vegetable broth
1t cumin
1/4t cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper
1 can corn (I prefer Costco's organic)
2 cans black beans (I prefer Costco's organic)
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2c chopped cilantro

Sauté onion in oil. Add garlic. Stop, breathe in and enjoy the smell. Add quinoa, broth, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper and bring to boil. Simmer about 10 minutes. Add corn, black beans tomatoes & cilantro. Allow to simmer until thickened. (Makes 4 servings, 279 calories per serving.)

No comments:

Post a Comment