Sunday, February 23, 2014

Foodie Sunday!

Sundays I reserve for making a menu for the fam and a menu for myself, looking up recipes we would like that I want to try and make, making the grocery list because I don't like a bunch of un-needed junk in my pantry, and grocery shopping.

Started the morning with Overnight Oats (check out the earlier blog, they are soooo good) and they just give me tons of energy, and a pile of Strawberries. Yum. 

For lunch, I made Chili Chicken Pasta, which was delicious, and because I used Miracle Noodles, was way low in calories. Yum!
1 large boneless, skinless chicken thigh (I prep mine on the George Forman, as thighs are fattier, but it prefer them, so I try to get the fat off first)
Onion (I had some medallion ones hanging around the fridge, so I used those up, but any onion would work)
Peppers (bountiful basket had a bag full of the little ones, so I used four of those)
Miracle Noodles (whole package)
4T Chili Sauce 
Sautéed the onions & peppers in the chili sauce til soft, then after cooking the chicken thigh on the foreman tossed it diced up in the pan. Added the miracle noodles til they were warm. Yum. 

Got a great 8 mile run in, it was snowing, so I was on the treadmill but I watched What Not to Wear of TLC, I love that show! Great run, legs felt great, and lungs felt like I could've ran much longer. Haili followed me on the treadmill for a run of her own. 

For dinner, I made Bill and the girls Pork Tenderloin Meddalions & Loaded Red Potatoes, the potatoes had bacon in them, I don't eat pork, so I ate a delicious Quinoa Black Bean Corn Salad in a spinach wrap. 
1# small red potatoes
Water
Oil
Salt & Pepper
1T butter
1/4c fat free sour cream
6 strips of over-cooked bacon, crumbled
2 green onions, chopped
1c cheddar cheese

Preheat over to 400 degrees, line baking sheet with aluminum. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out flesh into small saucepan, add enough water to cover potatoes, cook over medium heat until soft. Put the potato skins, face up on baking sheet, brush with oil, and season with salt & pepper. Place the skins in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes, combine potatoes, butter & sour cream, mash til smooth, then add bacon & green onions, mix until combined. Pull skins from oven and fill with mixture, top with cheese. Bake additional 5 minutes. 

1t oil (I prefer extra virgin)
1 diced onion
3T garlic
3/4c uncooked quinoa
1 1/2c vegetable broth
1t cumin
1/4c cayenne pepper (optional, but yummy)
Salt & Pepper
1 can corn
2 can black beans 
1/2c chopped cilantro

Heat oil, stir in onion & garlic, mix in quinoa, cover with broth, season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper. Bring mixture to boil, cover, reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in corn & black beans til warm. Add cilantro and ENJOY! So good!!! (Leftovers are good heated up or cold). I topped mine with some hot sauce and had it in a spinach wrap. Seriously, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment