Monday, August 12, 2013

Running in Washington is like running in an animal reserve...

This morning was a perfect 6 mile loop around the bridges. It was a wonderful run after a stressful week and weekend... I felt great. My legs have forgiven for last weekend. The weather was perfect, cool after a storm last night. Perfect conditions...

The cool thing about running in Washington is every morning is like running on some kind of animal reserve. This morning was no exception, came around the bend on the first mile and there were two huge whitetail bucks on the path, not alongside it, not by it, ON IT. They didn't startle, they didn't run, I didn't slow my pace or move toward them and they just stood there. On the fourth or so mile, came across a squirrel that turned toward me, assuming I was there to feed it, I am not a fan of all the overly friendly squirrels taking over the levee, so NO FOOD FOR YOU!!! Last but not least, just before rounding the levee to the car, there was a momma quail and her line of a dozen or so little tiny babies following behind her. 

Great little morning, starting my week out right. 

Today, Bill ran his first run, that's right, BILL IS TRAINING!!! Woo hoo!!! And he looked good in running clothes soaked in sweat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment