Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk

I know this is crazy, but I MADE VANILLA ALMOND MILK!!!
1c blanched almonds (I bought sincerely almonds on Amazon)
Pure vanilla extract, to taste (my MIL brought this particular kind back from Mexico, and it's amazing)
4c water
(FYI, You will need a mesh nut bag, I also bought this on amazon)

Bring almonds to boil in small pot of water for 4-5 minutes. Drain off water. To a blender or food processor add almonds, water and vanilla, blend til smooth. Set up mesh bag over pitcher and pour mixture into bag. Hold bag closed with one hand and squeeze out liquid with other hand. Store in sealed jar for up to 4-5 days. 

And, Graci and I started our own sprouts today! More in a few days about that! Graci and I also made the fam Swedish meatballs. They loved it! 
And I had Kale Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta and the sauce was made with Greek yogurt and Miracle Noodles!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment