Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oven Fajitas

Today marks 20 weeks til the Couer d Alene Marathon. Training begins. The weather has a taken a turn for the worse, supposed to be dropping down under 20... So unfortunately, my training plan may start on the treadmill. Hoping for some 40 degrees 7am's in the near future. I hope. 

It is Superbowl Sunday, but being that I wanted Seattle to lose and instead it was a Seattle blowout, I made my menu for the week, my grocery list, and at the beginning of the fourth quarter went shopping. I'll tell you when to go shopping, during the Super Bowl.  There were maybe 20 cars. And when I went to checkout, only two lines open and I didn't have to wait it line. It was almost eerie.

Prepped my lunches for the week and decided to make Oven Fajitas. 
Seasoning:
1T chili powder
1/2T paprika
1/2t onion powder
1/4t garlic powder
1/4t cumin
1t sugar
1/2t salt
1/2T corn starch
- Mix well in small bowl

Fajitas:
1 large onion
2 medium green peppers
1 lb boneless skinless chicken (I prefer thighs, but breasts would do)
2T oil

Slice onions, peppers and chicken. Place in 12x9 pan. Sprinkle seasoning across the top. Toss oil with fingers. Bake in 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. 

I'll be enjoying mine tomorrow on a spinach wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment