Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lazy, lazy bones...

I don't know what is going on with me this week... Seems I had a very similar experience last year while training for the Wenatchee Marathon... I did my final long run, I had a week and a half left, and my body was finally in a kind of f-you mood... This last week, I have been a lazy, lazy, lazy lady... I have no idea why. I have been sleeping in, which I typically do not do. I have been eating like shit, which I typically try not to do... And yet, I just keep on doing it... So today, is Wednesday, and today I quit being a lazy bones... I will run tonight, I need at least two good runs before the marathon, so I don't cramp up, shit my pants and die on Sunday... So tonight, since I couldn't be bothered to get my run in the morning, I'll run. And again on Friday morning, as we are leaving for Portland after work... 

Then what? Bill initially said that he wanted to start training for a triathlon with me... But he hasn't been running, so I am not sure if that is still his plan... Regardless, I think that is the direction that I want to start steering my training... And honestly, I really need to get some strength training back into my life... My amazing sister bought me a kettlebell for my birthday and I have some dumbbells; so I have no good excuse to not start strength training at home... The girls will start swimming lessons tomorrow in lieu of gymnastics, so I will be able to swim twice a week at least while they are busy with that. And that works perfectly with my Tuesday/Thursday work schedule... Which triathlon you say? The Onion Man triathlon is an olympic distance race, meaning that it has a 1.5km swim in open water, a 40km bike ride and a 10k run, and is not until May, giving me plenty of time to learn to swim like an athlete... Swimming is going to be the most difficult part for me. Every time I swim I look like a cross between a shark attack and drowning toddler... Its not a good look, trust me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment