Wednesday, September 4, 2013

When you give a girl a molasses cookie...

If you have ever read the children's books, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" or "If You Give A Pig A Party" by Laura Numeroff you will understand the reference... If not, the moral of the story, is one thing leads to another, that leads to another, that leads to another...

If you give Brandi a delicious cookie, she will think about how yummy it is, so she will eat a second, when she eats the second, she will think "fuck it, I'm having nachos for lunch," because she had nachos and didn't properly fuel her body, she will see Cross Train on her training schedule and think "fuck it" when she gets home. Because she ate shitty all day, when drinking her evening coffee, she will rethink about that delicious cookie and want more... And thankfully, that's where I snap out of it...

I usually eat pretty damn clean, and because of this I treat myself to my delicious 173 calorie glass of Sangria and my four squares of delicious dark chocolate for an additional 180 calories at night. I focus on keeping my food nutritionally dense and as light on calories as I can do that. When I get too low on calories, my energy level when I run sucks, so it's a fine line... A typical eating day for me: start by having two cups of coffee with 1/2 c. total dark chocolate flavored almond milk, 2 slices of Dave's Killer Bread, the 60 calorie version, with 1T peanut butter. I typically will bring a banana to work or have a 100 calorie bag of kettle corn popcorn. If Bill is in town we usually go out for lunch, Dailys is my absolutely favorite, I love their chicken caesar salad wraps on the spinach tortilla. I have peanuts or a Greek yogurt around 2-3pm. I am am uber-nerd about meal planning, make my weekly list for dinner that I write out each day on a chalkboard in the dining room, buy exactly what we need for the week (seriously, I take great pride in my grocery shopping/penny pinching skills), calculate the calories per serving, and viola! dinner!!! Tonight I made pulled pork, homemade baked beans and the for the first time a tangy apple and cabbage coleslaw that was a big hit. (This is another secret of mine, I am extremely picky, of those three things I made, I don't like a single one, so most nights I make a lame separate dinner for myself that I know Bill and the girls would want no part of). Whenever I run, morning or night, I follow it with a fruit and protein shake with flax and glutamine. Around 8pm, I usually make a second pot of coffee, and have another two cups with another half cup of almond milk. The girls go to bed at 8:30, and I watch two shows with Bill before bed. If the day has gone extremely well food wise, my run was good and I feel I deserve a treat, I have a glass of wine and sometimes that yummy chocolate, OR if my day was extremely shitty, I skip the chocolate and have two glasses of wine during the shows. :) So tonight, only coffee and grapes... Damn. 

Damn it self. You are better than this. On an up note, great day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment