Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday night....

Bill and I spent the whole day on the river again... Was a perfect weekend after the hellish week at work I had.  Right now I am lying on Bill's stomach as he adorably snores in my ear. I am reading this great book called, "What to Eat" by Marion Nestle. I'm not far into it but so far it has touched on organic foods, locally grown foods and the big business behind the dairy and meat productions in the US. It is mind blowing to me that we are so undereducated as a society about what we should and should not be eating and how controlled this information is by politics, money and the economy. Not what is best for our bodies, how to prevent disease and what's best for the world on a grand scale. 

Another little interesting tidbit from my day. The Crystal Light Liquid is amazing. I'm not water drinker. I want to be. I understand the benefits. I run better hydrated. I feel better hydrated. I don't like water. Today I drank 12 8-oz servings of water flavored with a little squirt of this stuff. The awesome part, it doesn't need to be refrigerated. So it's now hanging out in my purse. Waiting to hydrate me again all day tomorrow. HUGE success for me. 

Tomorrow starts another week of great runs. :) The Portland marathon is getting closer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment